By using or accessing AlwaysLocal, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Your privacy is very important to AlwaysLocal. (If you lose faith in our ability to keep your data private this will undermine our success. We therefore guard your privacy carefully.)
You own all of the content and information you post on AlwaysLocal, and you can control how it is shared through the events you wish to create, the events you wish to join and the invites you choose to issue to view your uploaded information.
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, (photos and videos - IP content), you specifically give AlwaysLocal the following permission:
- you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with AlwaysLocal (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
We appreciate your feedback, but you understand that we may use it without any obligation (just as you have no obligation to offer it).
We do our best to keep AlwaysLocal safe, but we cannot and will not guarantee it. By using AlwaysLocal you commit to the following:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on AlwaysLocal.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access AlwaysLocal, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user. (Trolls will be removed).
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use AlwaysLocal to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of AlwaysLocal, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other AlwaysLocal functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these terms and conditions.
AlwaysLocal users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Sid's House, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use AlwaysLocal if you are under 14.
- You will not use AlwaysLocal if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
You will not post content or take any action on AlwaysLocal that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
We can remove any content or information you post on AlwaysLocal if we believe that it violates these terms and conditions or our policies.
If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we may provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including AlwaysLocal), or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on AlwaysLocal.
You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
Our mobile and mobile app offering is limited at the moment. Although we intend to offer these for free please be aware that your mobile or network provider's carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on AlwaysLocal within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
AlwaysLocal is working towards delivering ads and commercial content that are valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree and understand that we do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
We are working on an advertising module which will allow you to target your desired audience by buying ads on AlwaysLocal.
Your continued use of AlwaysLocal following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of AlwaysLocal to you.
We try to keep AlwaysLocal up and running and free of bugs, but it will always be a work in progress and therefore you use it at your own risk. We are providing AlwaysLocal as is without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that AlwaysLocal will always be safe, secure or error-free or that AlwaysLocal will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. AlwaysLocal is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties.
You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United Kingdom.